I can't believe it is over two weeks since I last posted! The time has flown by and yet again work has been busy, but this time, I also managed to fit some crafting time in, including helping at the Stampin' Up! demonstrator table at the Wrexham Artstamps Fair.  That was totally exhausting but such fun!

Since then I have been desperately trying to get this album finished.  I was using one of Christine's gorgeous Project 365 kits, this time the June one:



Isn't it gorgeous?  Mind you, I say that about every month's Project 365 kit as I love each and every one of them ;)!

Well, this time (just for a change) I decided to make an album and this is what I ended up with:


The above is the front and back covers, the first two inside pages ad some close ups of some of the elements in the album.  Just look at that bird - there is such depth to it, even though it is just printed on cardstock and cut out so is completely flat.  

The flowers on the front cover were made using Woodware punches - I have 3 flower punches (the same basic shape) in different sizes so they were ideal for this.  




And the above photos are of the remaining inside pages.  I used the notecards from the kit as journalling cards and then printed and cut out the elements to add to each page.  The ribbons, eyelets and baker's twine are from my stash and the album is made from kraft cardstock with the papers matted and the edges distressed for effect.  the whole idea for the album came from Kathy Orta at Paper Phenomenom.  That girl is sooo good!  this album was adapted from the Mini Album Canvas Art, although obviously, I only made the album (resized to fit the cardstock I had) and missed the canvas.

Oh, and the curled flowers in the top right of the above photo?  I printed paper in a circle shape (using Photoshop) onto plain white cardstock.  I then cut out the circle and cut it inside on ever decreasing circles so I ended up with one long circular piece of cardstock which I then curled up to make the flower.

Not bad, eh (and modest too as always!!!)?!!! 

I'm actually finding it easier to make these now so obviously, all the practice has paid off!  Plus I have my first commission!!!!  My daughter's boyfriend has requested one for his mum and is actually going to pay me too!  Woohoo!  Only trouble is, I need to find the time to make it now!

Well, that's all from me for now.  I need to crack on with work and also have a kit form Aimee Harrison that I need to get started.  I'm thinking of making cards and printing them out so no cutting and glueing this time around!  I honestly don't know how I will manage it....I'm sure to end up adding ribbon at the very least!

Happy scrapping!

2 comments:

  1. Deanna said...

    Your album is beautiful!!! I love the kit you used. I'm off to look for it! Congrats on your commisioned project, too! Have a wonderful day!  

  2. Lynn said...

    Thank you :. I've been away on holiday so haven't had chance to do the album for my daughter's boyfriend, so am hoping to get this done ion the next few days.