I was given a chance to play with some of Tracie Stroud Designs' kits last week and look what I found in the store:

Aren't they gorgeous?  Well, what better way to use these than in a small colouring book. so of course, I then needed a kit for the covers and I used the Equanimity kit and Artsian papers:

I love all those papers and the artsy effects ;)

All I did was print out some of the papers then cut them down to 4" by 4".  For the colouring pages, I opened a blank A4 file and then added guidelines at 4" and 8" horizontally and vertically to create four 4"  by 4" squares.  I dragged each colouring jpeg into one of the squares, resizing them to fit into the 4" by 4" space. then all I had to do was print and cut out each square:

I added a binder ring on one corner to hold the pages together. I then just printed some of the mandalas from the kit, adding a doily to one and a punched paper layer to the other as decoration for the front covers.  

These were so easy to make and would make a great children's colouring book for when travelling to help keep them occupied.  Mind you, this would probably be better with older children due to the more complex patterns!

Happy scrapping!

I have had fun playing with the latest collab from The Digichick Designers, Fun in the Sun:


Such a lovely kit for all those summer layouts!

Of course, me being a hybrid girl, I couldn't just use it as a digital kit now, could I?  I ended up making two cards and an album, just using the kit plus cardstock, lace, ribbon and bling from my stash.  Firstly, the cards:

Whilst the watermelon is an svg file, it also comes as a pdf so rather than go to the bother of using my Cameo, I just cut it out by hand.  The greetings are from Stampin' Up! stamps sets. 

The first card was printed on photographic paper whilst the second was on plain cardstock.  The colours are definitely better in real life on the photographic paper but thanks to the wonders of Photoshop, the plain card looks just as good in the photo! ;) In real life, the colours are much more drab, so I painted the watermelon using a clear Wink of Stella brush.

I then decided to make an album and here it is:

Apart from the ribbon, lace and bling, everything else is straight from the kit. I'll be writing a full blog post for The Hybrid Chick showing how I made this in due course, but here are the photos of the pages:

It was really quick and easy to put together, deciding which papers and embellishments to use and then print took longer!

Well, I need to get on with some work now, so I hope to be back in a day or so with another post.

Happy scrapping!