Oh, the relief now that I have all clients' tax returns in and can finally catch up on my sleep and get the office organised!  January is always a hectic month with me working all hours (literally) and it is not unusual for me to be working until 3,am, 4 am or even 5 am most mornings.  So, as you can well imagine, the first couple of weeks in February are really slow work wise.  It is not that I don't have any work, far from it, it is just that I am too tired to even think about it!


So far this week, I have had a couple of client meetings but the main highlight of the week has been a trip to Ikea to buy a new shelving unit and a matching desk.   Hubbie very kindly built them both up for me and so I am now sitting here thinking about tidying and organising the office....only thinking, mind, because actually dong any of that would involve me:


a) thinking about what to put where; and
b) actually moving and doing something other than just sitting at my computer!


So, instead of actually clearing the decks ready for work, I have instead being playing, and this is what I have made:












These are so easy and straightforward to make.  All you need is a sheet of A6 cardstock scored at 3", 6", 6.75" and 7.5". Stamp on one side, add a calendar tag and voila, one desktop calendar ready to go!


Of course, I couldn't leave it there.  Stamping an image is all very well, and it does look good, but I thought that a flower would look even better..... so naturally, I had to experiment!   This is the first one I made, black card and a bright orange flower:




Isn't that flower gorgeous?  It looks so effective on the black card too :).  






So of course, I then had to have a go with different cardstock, and different flowers:






 The green gingham flower was made using a Woodware punch, and the orangey flower is actually a Tim Holtz/Sizzix tattered florals die.  I used plain white paper and then sprayed the die cut petals with Cosmic shimmer Mist (ancient copper).  


I am so pleased with the results (talk about modest, eh?!!!)!


Whilst January tends to be a very profitable month for me as clients call in to collect their accounts and tax returns (and pay me!), I just don't get chance to do any crafting at all, so as well as the calendars, I have also been playing around with loads of other things.


One kit I have been working with is All Wrapped Up by Snickerdoodle Designs






Well, I had originally intended to use the printables from this kit to make gift tags and jar wraps, but due to work commitments (why, oh why, is the tax return filing deadline in January?  It means most accountants barely have time to think about Christmas, let alone celebrate it) never had the chance to do this.  So then I thought I would use it for my son's birthday (which is in January) but yet again,. work got in the way of that idea.  So, whilst I know this is more of a Christmas kit, I am a great one for making the most use out of all supplies, digital and paper, so decided to use this kit to label the storage jars in the office:



I actually tweaked the tags slightly to take out the "To" and "From" (I used the clone tool to cover up the text) since I wasn't using these as gift tags, and then stuck the wraps and the tags onto each bottle.  Having been to Ikea earlier in the week, I had grabbed a set of jars whilst there, and they are the perfect size for these tags (although I did resize them slightly to completely cover the circular front of each jar).  I couldn't resist the wrap though which,even though Christmassy, has such a cute mouse on it!




Well, not content with that, I then adapted a post it note holder I had bought before Christmas and again using the All Wrapped up kit, came up with this:


Please excuse the poor quality of the photos - there is no natural light in my office so I have to rely on the flash in my camera and photoshop editing!



You will see form the above that the cover tucks into a flap in the bottom layer.  I made this by drawing a semicircle (in pencil) on the inside of the bottom flap:


Then I carefully cut around this and erased the pencil marks:







I created my own template from the post it note holder that I bought, and here it is:



and you can download this here or by clicking on the preview above.  
This is for personal use only I am afraid, but please do come back to show what you made if you use it.

Happy Scrapping!


2 comments:

  1. CBH said...

    Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 3 post on Feb. 11, 2012. Thanks again.  

  2. jaylen watkins said...

    This is so impressive. It is wonderful one.


    Calendar Template